There are no booking fees when you buy tickets from this website, so you can be sure of no nasty surprises!
The Moa zipline adventure tour will serve as the perfect starter to your adventure experiences in New Zealand's Queenstown region! The Moa is comprised of four flying foxes which both start and finish at the top of the Skyline Gondola and is designed to start low and slow and gradually build your confidence as it gets progressively longer, higher and faster. All ages will love the interaction that this guided aerial tour - which lasts approximately two hours - has to offer.
Providing the best framed views of Lake Wakatipu, you'll traverse the forest in a way that will never be forgotten - the perfect tour activity for families, groups and those who have never tried ziplining before!
- 4 x ziplines over 1.5-2 hours
- 10 minute uphill walk to the top of the gondola
- Climbing harness and helmet
- The Skyline Gondola pass is not included and can be purchased online here
- Marvel at views of Lake Wakatipu to the Remarkables mountain range
- Learn about the environment of the local area and Maori mythology
- Starts and finishes at the top of the gondola
- Experience the thrill of 4 incredible ziplines
- Climbing harness and helmet provided
- Tours operate at 2pm and 4pm (morning tours available on request) for the spring is to operate 5 days per week (Thursday to Monday)
- Check-in time is 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time
- Please allow 40 minutes from the base of the Gondola to the Ziptrek Tree-house
Can I watch the tour?
- Guests will have the ability to accompany their friends and family to the Ziptrek Guest Services Tree-house. Once guests have checked in, there will not be an option for spectators to view the tour
Can I bring a backpack?
- You will not be able to bring a backpack or any other baggage on tour with you. You will be wearing a full body harness and backpacks will interfere with this harness. We recommend you leave your personal belongings at your hotel or at our camp street booking office in town. A small item storage however is available at the Tree-house
Can I bring a camera?
- Yes, if you have a camera or small video recording device you can bring it with you. We recommend they have a wrist or neck strap so that you can attach it to yourself when zipping
Can I go on Ziptrek if I am pregnant?
- Pregnant guests may not participate in Ziptrek tours for their own safety and the safety of their unborn child
Is commentary available in languages other than English?
- Chinese and Spanish translations are available. It's as easy downloading an app and plugging in your earphones. Complimentary disposable earphones are available
What To Bring
- As it is a few degrees cooler in the forest, we recommend that you dress with warm layers and for the conditions of the day. During the winter months, gloves, hats and warm coats are recommended
- Closed toe footwear is essential on both tours
- If you have a camera or small video recording device you can bring it with you
- The minimum age to participate in a Ziptrek tour is 6 years of age
- The minimum weight limit to participate in a Ziptrek Ecotour is 30kg (65lbs)
- Guests under 30kg (65lbs) may zip tandem with a guide on the Moa 4-Line tour only
- The maximum weight of a guest is 125kg (275lbs)
- Children (6-14yrs) must be accompanied on tour by a parent of guardian (someone at least 15 years of age)
- Tours include light stair climbing and trail walking. Guests must be able to walk unassisted
- Ziptrek's Guest Services Tree-house is situated just past the Helipad, 100 metres to the left of the Skyline Gondola Upper Terminal, at the edge of the treelike
- Tiki Walking Trail (approx 1 hour)
- Heli-pad located 40m from guest services treehouse at the top of the Skyline Gondola
- Please note vehicle access is for emergency use only
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Write a Review
Please ensure you are logged in
to write a review.